We are Parasol Island.
A creative getaway with a team of handpicked professionals and artists that pour their blood, sweat and tears into every project they encounter. A vibrant workplace in which egos are left at home, teamwork is real and hierarchies are flat. Clear structures, open communication and a high level of organisation enables us to work together in the best possible way, even when things get a little tough. After all, we are more than just people sharing a workplace, we truly believe that #CrewLoveIsTrueLove.
Our daily motivation stems from a shared drive to create work that is both beautiful and smart, while continuously pushing for concepts that allow our local and international customers to achieve their goals. On our island, we strive to improve ourselves as well as the way we work. Instead of “We have always done it this way”, we prefer new perspectives, unconventional thinking and innovative solutions.
Our offices are located in Düsseldorf and Berlin, each equipped with its own music, photo and film studios – but the 100+ full-time employees are just a fraction of our global network.
Since not even the best keynote presentation or the coolest website could convey who we really are as a team and what life on the island is like, we hope we have sparked your interest and fueled your imagination – why don’t you pay us a visit sometime?
Web Developer “xperience.Cloud & Beyond (gn)
We are looking for a Web Developer (gn)
We have created a brand-new, exciting hybrid event platform (https://xperience.cloud/en/) which has exploded with success! Therefore, we need your help to keep going! In its short life, our platform has made successful hybrid events happen all around the world; from the United States to Europe through to Asia and we are loving every moment as we continue to innovate new features, improve performance and accessibility and, ultimately, build an even better experience.
Have we piqued your interest? We certainly hope so!
- Building innovative new features on an existing platform powered by WordPress.
- Monitoring performance while looking for areas of improvement.
- Supporting clients during their live events along with other members of the team to ensure a successful hybrid event experience.
- Excellent knowledge of PHP, MySQL and other associated technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of modern frontend development technologies and techniques.
- Excellent or good knowledge of the WordPress core, popular plugins and self-made plugins and themes.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with server infrastructure and website-related server-sided services (e.g. nginx, DNS etc.).
- Beneficial but not required: experience with Cloudflare, Amazon AWS (in particular, EC2, RDS and SES), Gearman and load balancing.
- A film production environment with innovation, transparency, quality and creativity at its core.
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with our departments: Interactive, Post Production and Animation.
- HöchstDiverse projects from a wide range of clients and products.
- Valuable opportunities for further development of your own abilities.
- Weekly remote office.
Please send your application including references, description of previous projects, salary expectations and the reasons why you should receive an “Island Visa” to Alexander Kuhn [email protected]